Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley met with the media the day after the Jaguars preseason opening…
What We Learned Against The Buccaneers
1. Blake Bortles- how will he play? We mentioned that Blake Bortles is a gamer and he certainly didn’t disappoint. Bortles completed 7 of 11 throws (with three drops) for 117 yards and looked confident and under control. Lets put it in perspective, Bortles played against the Bucs second-string defense so nobody’s making a bust for Canton quite yet. With that said, he showed everything that anyone would like to see from their first-round pick in his first game.
2. The Jaguars first team defensive line. We also mentioned that the Jaguars starting defensive line should have an advantage against the Bucs offensive line but we didn’t see a complete domination in the cards….and make no mistake, Jacksonville absolutely dominated. The Jaguars have waves of really good players on the defensive line and Tampa Bay quarterbacks ran for their collective lives all night long.
3. Which running back will look the best? The stats say that Denard Robinson looked the best as he scored the Jaguars only offensive touchdown on a 23-yard run, but that came against the Bucs third-stringers. Storm Johnson showed some quickness but there really wasn’t a lot of room to run for any of the backs as Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy dominated the line of scrimmage.
4. Which receiver makes the most of their newfound opportunity? Any undrafted free agent is a longshot to make a team, but former Miami wideout Allen Hurns is looking more and more like a lock. Hurns led a balanced passing attack with two catches for 43 yards and seemed to have a nice rhythm with Blake Bortles. Where guys like Chad Bumphis and Mike Brown maybe hurt their cases with drops, Hurns took a step forward.
5. Keep your hands off on D. The Jaguars secondary did a nice job of playing physical without grabbing. With officials specifically looking to call penalties in the secondary, the Jaguars defensive backs were only flagged twice.
BucsBlitz.com Recommended Stories
Odell Beckham makes catch of the year
Former LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham made what has to be the most incredible catch of the NFL season. Check out the highlight reel grab!Read More
College Week 13: 10 Saturday Takeaways
Breaking down all the battles that mattered this weekend.Read More
Week 13: Waiver Wire Pickups
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Stephen Englert recommends some under the radar types that you should consider adding to your roster. Tennessee Titans QB Zach Mettenberger (pictured above) is…Read More
Scout's ACC All-Century Team
There have been so many great basketball players in the Atlantic Coast Conference since 2000, but which have been the very best? We break down the Player of the Century, Best Coach, Best Freshman, and…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More