Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley met with the media the day after the Jaguars preseason opening…
What We Learned Against The Buccaneers
1. Blake Bortles- how will he play? We mentioned that Blake Bortles is a gamer and he certainly didn’t disappoint. Bortles completed 7 of 11 throws (with three drops) for 117 yards and looked confident and under control. Lets put it in perspective, Bortles played against the Bucs second-string defense so nobody’s making a bust for Canton quite yet. With that said, he showed everything that anyone would like to see from their first-round pick in his first game.
2. The Jaguars first team defensive line. We also mentioned that the Jaguars starting defensive line should have an advantage against the Bucs offensive line but we didn’t see a complete domination in the cards….and make no mistake, Jacksonville absolutely dominated. The Jaguars have waves of really good players on the defensive line and Tampa Bay quarterbacks ran for their collective lives all night long.
3. Which running back will look the best? The stats say that Denard Robinson looked the best as he scored the Jaguars only offensive touchdown on a 23-yard run, but that came against the Bucs third-stringers. Storm Johnson showed some quickness but there really wasn’t a lot of room to run for any of the backs as Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy dominated the line of scrimmage.
4. Which receiver makes the most of their newfound opportunity? Any undrafted free agent is a longshot to make a team, but former Miami wideout Allen Hurns is looking more and more like a lock. Hurns led a balanced passing attack with two catches for 43 yards and seemed to have a nice rhythm with Blake Bortles. Where guys like Chad Bumphis and Mike Brown maybe hurt their cases with drops, Hurns took a step forward.
5. Keep your hands off on D. The Jaguars secondary did a nice job of playing physical without grabbing. With officials specifically looking to call penalties in the secondary, the Jaguars defensive backs were only flagged twice.
BucsBlitz.com Recommended Stories
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More
Updated 2017 Top 50
In early July, Scout.com introduced a 2017 top 15. After spending time watching sophomores during the July evaluation periods and in the fall, it's time to extend that list to a top 50. DeAndre Ayton,…Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More